by Colin on Monday September 27th, 2010 at 3:18 pm
– support those who support El Grupo
by Colin on at 3:17 pm
There are many ways in which individual members of the community can and do support El Grupo.
1. We ride your old stuff!! We accept any and all donations cycling related that can be of use to our youth participants. In fact, the good-will of our community has enabled us to get as many kids on bikes as we have because of their donated bicycles, parts, cycling gear, clothing, etc. Please contact us about how to get your donations to us and to get a Tax Receipt for your tax-deductible contributions. We reserve the right to determine the best use of your donations – anything we cannot directly use we either donate to BICAS or sell at local bike swap meets.
2. We need quality adults to help with on the road safety in numbers, mentoring and coaching. We have protocol – expectations and benefits – for three different levels of involvement. The first level is as guest rider. The second is a commitment to being an assistant coaching (3-5 hrs/wk). And the third level is a real commitment to being a coach (6-10hrs/wk). All El Grupo Coaches are or are becoming Level III Certified Coaches by USA Cycling.
3. We put every dollar you donate directly into providing quality programming for our youth. You can find that “Donate” button on any page of our here website, or you can always send checks to our mailing address: 23 W 4th Street, Tucson, AZ 85705. Again, we will gladly send you a Tax Receipt and warm Thank You in return.
by Colin on at 3:16 pm
Here are some websites/organizations/friends we like – to stay informed about bicycles & such:
Here are some of our friends – support those who support El Grupo
- The Running Shop the place to get your shoes – El Grupo’s supporter of cross-training
- Specialized giving back to the community, helping us get more youth on bikes
- Esens Photography best sport and event photography in town
- REI Tucson providing outdoor enthusiasts in the Tucson area with top-brand gear and clothing for camping, climbing, cycling, fitness, hiking, paddling and more!
- KXCI Community Radio Real People, Real Radio
- ReActivate New & Used Active Wear – making fitness more affordable one quality used clothing item at a time
- Epic Rides promoter of Kona 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo and others
- Light & Motion the best and the brightest for all your outdoor needs
- Bohemian Bikes some of the finest custom frames on Planet Earth
- Tucsonvelo.com daily covering Tucson’s cycling scene
- Ordinary Bike Shop voted “Tucson’s #1 bike shop” 10 years running
- La Suprema custom handcrafted steel bikes
- Blackbottoms Cyclewear custom bicycle and triathlon apparel since ’74 (or 2009 for El Grupo)